When visiting www.musx.com or the musx mobile application (“Site”) and/or utilizing the services and features offered by musx, Inc. (“musx”) on or though the Site, musx may request and/or otherwise collect certain personal information. This Privacy Notice describes what personal information may be collected by musx and how such information is used by musx. This Privacy Notice applies only to information collected online through the Site.
- 2.1. User: for the purpose of the agreement, a “user” shall be defined as someone who is either directly interacting with the Service or someone who is interacting with the Service via any third party who is using the Service.
- 2.2. Personally Identifiable Information: unencrypted data that encompasses a User’s email address, or combined first and last name.
- 2.3. Public information: data which a user has submitted to the Service, or has been accumulated by the Service through its use, and is available to be viewed and/or consumed by any user of the Service or the general public. This may include, but is not necessarily limited to song posts, playlists, tags, comments, listening habits, following of users, profile picture and/or information accessible on a user’s profile.
- 2.4. Anonymous Information: data which a user has submitted to the Service, or has been accumulated by the Service, that is not reasonably able to be connected to or associated with any Personally Identifiable Information.
- 2.5. Protected Private Information: Credit card number, credit card expiration date, credit card CSC, credit card type, bank, bank account number and related information, Facebook account information, Twitter account information and password (plain text or encrypted).
3. Information We Collect and Who Can Access It
- 3.1. Public information to provide the needed data to make the Service possible. musx collects and stores information that includes, but is not necessarily limited to, user information submitted during sign-up, profile information, music library information (as well as accompanying information such as tags, ratings, usage data, and comments). musx stores and in some cases displays this information for an indefinite amount of time. musx may provide third parties with public information about users as long as it cannot be reasonably tied to personally identifiable information.
- 3.2. Public information (excluding any Personally Identifiable Information) may be shared via the Site. musx may continue to share Public Information with an external party for an indefinite period of time.
- 3.3. Personally Identifiable Information is collected, stored, and in some cases displayed through the Service. This information is needed to enable certain features the Service provides, and is stored for an indefinite period of time. Personally Identifiable Information will not be shared with any third party without consent from the user unless otherwise stated in this policy or the Terms of Service.
- You should also be aware that if you voluntarily disclose Personally Identifiable Information on openly viewable parts of the Service, including but not limited to user submissions and profile pages, that information can be viewed publicly and can be collected and used by third parties without our knowledge and may result in unsolicited messages from other individuals or third parties. Such activities are beyond the control of musx and this policy. Personally identifiable information may include information collected during sign up and creation of user accounts, including but not limited to user name, address or location, biographical information, and user-submitted content (including music, pictures, and logos)
- 3.4. Personally Identifiable Information is used in certain features of the Service and may allow for or be introduced to allow for integration between the Service and other third party services. In order for some features to be provided, some Personally Identifiable Information may need to be transferred between musx and the third party who is using the service.
- Should you utilize any feature or piece of functionality in the Service and (A) provide your username and/or password for a third party service or (B) authorize the exchange of data from the third party service to the Service via third parties’ website, API, or product, you authorize musx to share your Personally Identifiable Information with such a third party service with the exception of any Protected Private Information which will not be shared.
- 3.5. Anonymous Information about users of the Service is recorded and stored by musx for an indefinite period of time. This information may be shared with any third party musx chooses at any time and for any length of time, including making this data available via the Service.
- 3.6. IP Address Information: When you use the Site and/or Service, the IP Address of the computer or network device making the request is stored. IP address information and user device identification number is stored indefinitely by musx and may be shared with a third party as long as such IP Address information cannot be reasonably associated with any Personally Identifiable Information.
- 3.7. In the event that musx sells or transfers a particular portion of its business assets, user information may be one of the business assets transferred as part of the transaction. If substantially all of the assets of musx are acquired, user information may be transferred as part of the acquisition.
- 3.8. You should also be aware that though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may disclose specific information about you if necessary to do so by law or based on our good faith belief that it is necessary to conform or comply with the law or is necessary to protect Users, musx, its employees, the Site or the public or to respond to claims that any of the content violates the property, privacy, publicity or other rights of others. We may also cooperate with law enforcement agencies in any official investigation and we may disclose Personally Identifiable Information to the relevant agency in doing so.
4. Links and/or Advertisements
- 4.2. musx does not guarantee the safety or accuracy of any third party site, advertisement, or product.
- 4.3. musx may allow third parties to place cookies and/or other tracking technologies, such as web beacons, clear GIFs, and/or tracking pixels, on the Site for the purpose of allowing that third party to record that a User has visited the Site and/or used the Service, or to gather other information, provided that such a third party is not given access to any Personally Identifiable Information.
- 5.1. musx reserves the right to revise/alter this agreement at any time with no notice given. Any updates will be posted to this page, with the last updated information changed accordingly.
- 5.2. musx does not knowingly collect or solicit Personally Identifiable Information from or about children under 13 except as permitted by law. If we discover we have received any information from a child under 13 in violation of this policy, we will delete that information immediately. If you believe musx has any information from or about anyone under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 5.3. This Agreement and the relationship between you and musx shall be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and musx agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within New Castle County in the State of Delaware and the federal courts in the Wilmington, Delaware.
- 5.4. You hereby indemnify and hold harmless, and upon musx’s request, defend, musx its affiliates (and their respective directors, officers and employees) from and against any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of any external party gaining access and or utilizing musx’s Site and Services as a result of your use of the Site and/or Service in a way which violates musx’s Terms and Conditions.
Effective Date: April 7, 2015